Sailing south



Sailing south


When you and I were young, my love,

When you and I were young,

We had six days and nights, my love,

Six days and nights we had,

When we were sailing south, my love,

When we were sailing south.


Our ship was all we needed then,

Our ship was all our need.

The port that we were sailing to

That port we did not know,

The port that we were sailing to

Was just a place to go.

The port that we had left behind

Was just the past, no more,

Just another port of call

On just another shore.


Our ship was strong and free, my love,

Our ship was strong and free,

The sails they billowed in the wind

The masts they were sky high

The sea around, the night above,

When sailing to the south we had

Six days and nights of love.


























Comments

  1. A very nice poem, full of sense for me, with delicious rhythm and rhyme!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts